Three Benefits of Low Carb Diets
Benefit #1 - Faster Weight Loss
A low carb diet, helps expedite weight loss results versus a standard low fat diet. How low carb diets work is very simple. Carbohydrates are converted into simple sugars, the main source of energy in our body. In the absence of carbs, our body uses our fat stores as a source of energy. Simply put when there are limited amounts of carbs to be used as fuel, the body will preferentially burn fat, instead of storing it. Long-term this results in a change in body composition, a leaner trimmer body.
Benefit #2 - Better Appetite Control
Low carb diets lower appetite levels and have better impact on food cravings by maintaining balanced sugar levels. In fact, when you eat something with sugar, blood glucose levels go up quickly, known as a sugar rush. Unfortunately, in life, what goes up quickly must go down quickly, plummeting blood sugar levels cause us to feel hungry and start having cravings. Studies showed that people following a low carb diet have greater improvements in blood sugar and insulin levels, key factors to control appetite and cravings.
Benefit #3 – Improves Cholesterol
Low carb diet reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by improving its major risk factors: cholesterol and triglycerides levels. A low carb diet enhances HDL cholesterol, the good cholesterol. It is well known that the higher our HDL levels, the lower the risk of heart disease. A low carb diet can also reduce blood triglycerides, fat molecules in our bloodstream which levels are strong heart disease risk factor. Studies showed that low carb diets can reduce triglyceride levels by 2 to 3 times more than the low fat diets.
- Your home needs a health makeover
- Dubai among world's 10 best places to visit on earth
- Eid Al Fitr 2017: All you need to know
- Three Benefits of Low Carb Diets
- 4 Tips to Combat Stress and Prevent Belly Fat
- 5 healthy things to do this weekend
- No need to book time off for Talise Spa’s weekend yoga retreat
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid calls on Arab youth to build better future
- 13 Reasons You’re Still Not Losing Weight
- World’s most expensive burger sold for $10,000