A warm welcome from Kcal and a sincere thank you for your interest in the Kcal brand.
Welcome to Kcal, an innovative food and lifestyle company, founded in 2010, and dedicated to bringing the world optimal wellness through good and healthy food. Kcal is all about taking charge of your health and wellness without compromising on choice, ease, speed and convenience.
We have enjoyed phenomenal success to date and are passionate about expanding the brand to reach as many communities as possible, worldwide, through the Kcal franchise model and with entrepreneurs who share our vision, we can make this possible.
We hope the information here will provide you an overview of our franchise opportunities and encourage you to become a valued addition to the Kcal team. After reviewing the details, along with our website, www.kcalworld.com and if possible, a visit to one of our outlets, we invite you to complete our online application form.
The Kcal Story
Kcal is the brainchild of two passionate and ambitious entrepreneurs – Mark Carroll and Andreas L. Borgmann that recognized a need and opportunity for healthy, nutritious food in a market that was in need.
Mark and Andreas's combined 30 years of business experience helped pave the way for their success in building one of the first healthy food restaurants in the UAE. From there the Kcal brand grew! The mission on launch remains as strong today, to offer delicious, high quality food with an extensive menu that goes beyond just salads and sandwiches.
Kcal is more than just a foodie company. Kcal embodies a lifestyle that caters for all those who want to eat well and feel good. Kcal has grown through passion, perseverance and excitement.
Since opening its doors in 2010 with a team of just 12, Kcal now employs over 300 dedicated team members. Kcal’s young, energetic, passionate and experienced team is committed in providing superior quality food and exceptional customer service. We believe in enhancing our core values continuously developing and investing in our people. Today, Kcal has grown to be the leading healthy food company in the UAE.
To date, the company has expanded privately throughout Dubai, serving thousands of healthy meals every day via our divisions: Kcal Life, Kcal Extra, Kcal Catering, Kcal Go, Fuel-Up and Gourmet. Each division offers a unique healthy food solution for anyone who wants to live and eat better.
Become part of the successful Kcal story, establish your own business and make a real difference in revolutionizing the health food industry and changing lifestyles for the better.
The Kcal franchise system offers a premium brand with a loyal following, along with robust systems, tested procedures and comprehensive training and support.
The Kcal Franchise Process
If you're interested in becoming a franchisee and the processes involved, please take a moment to understand our processes and what is involved along the way.
Below is a brief overview of the steps involved in the Kcal franchising process. Step one commences on completion and submission of our online application form. For further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Received
- Evaluation Approved
- Business Plan and Feasibility Study Approved
- Meeting Stage
- Letter of Intent and Agreement Stage
- Kcal Agreement Draft
Who Makes an Ideal Kcal Franchisee?
Owning your own business within the food industry is exciting and rewarding yet requires hard work and commitment. As a Kcal franchisee, you need to be passionate about people, customer service and healthy living. You’ll be running your own business but with the support and systems of the Kcal brand. Whilst each application is evaluated on individual merit, below are the key criteria we consider:
- *An affinity with food. You need to be a true foodie. Our proven franchise model will provide you with a high turnover and a positive ROI however, it is essential for a Kcal franchisee to love the food that they prepare and believe in the Kcal product range. Kcal’s path to success has been through expert knowledge of food and a creative flair for creating healthy popular dishes. Healthy food equals a healthy business and that’s the way Kcal will stay. Our training systems provide you with detailed knowledge of our food, the benefits, nutrition, and preparation and of course the hygiene standards that we diligently maintain.
- *A hardworking and dedicated attitude. Kcal, whilst a proven formula, requires commitment, passion and the continual attention of the franchisee to operate and manage the business.
- *Customer focus. We have a loyal customer base and it is our duty to cater to their needs. Customer satisfaction is Kcal's priority.
- *Organisational and management skills. The ability to delegate and strong operational skills are a necessity in order to deal with staff, organize rosters and to attend to the general running of a Kcal restaurant.
- *Creativity, flair and character. Just as our restaurants have an in-built atmosphere, we seek people who can transmit the same good feeling to our customers. People come to Kcal for a reason and part of that reason should be you!
- *A strong desire to develop and innovate. In order to serve the needs of our customers, we keep up to date with food and industry trends and continually evolve our menus. In keeping with Kcal's concept, it is expected that franchisees will appreciate these needs and implement what is required. The importance of innovation should be understood and recognized as a key part of Kcal's growth.
- *Basic accounting and financial acumen. To be able to successfully undertake and run your own business, a franchisee will be required to have some understanding of financial planning and control.
- *Financial security. It is assumed that at least 80% of the business will be funded by personal assets and cash. An over-geared business places undue stress on a franchisee with a consequential loss in focus.
- *Other criteria considered include an entrepreneurial outlook, the willingness to learn and be a team player, food service experience and an understanding of how franchising works, excellent communication skills and alignment with Kcal's brand values.
The Next Steps
Simply complete and return the Kcal Franchise Application Form. We will be in touch with you to confirm receipt and evaluate your application thereafter. If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact us at:
Kcal International Limited
ATTN: Franchising Department
P.O.Box 391150, Dubai, UAE
Tel: 00971 4 434 4111